Monday, January 28, 2008

Movie Review

Congratulate me . I made it through Cloverfield without getting dizzy or sick at my stomach. I am not sure what to think of this movie , it was action packed for sure but the action doesn't start happening until near the middle of the movie. You may think that leaves time for a whole lot of action but that is not true , Cloverfield is barely 80 minutes long. The constant moving of the camera is reminiscent of a toddler trying to film all the family action at Christmas . Sometimes you get a face but mostly you get everything from the floor to a picture on the wall and most of the time it is out of focus. The person behind the camera , Hutt , is very annoying talking constantly through the movie and at times I wanted to scream " Shut Up , Please!!!" . Don't get me wrong , the monster was awesome when you got to see it for more than a few seconds. This thing was on a rampage , he spared no building or street or even person in his way . The movie offers no explanation of how or why this monster came to be and why New York City was targeted . The end leaves it open for a sequel ( at least I hope or some background at least!) because it leaves all loose ends well loose . I like my movies tied up at the end with a neat little bow so I don't have to scratch my leaving the theater and wondering " what happened next?" or wait years for a sequel. Enough about Cloverfield and on to 27 Dresses .

I really enjoyed this movie. It was very sweet , funny and somewhat predictable but these days what isn't?
The premise was easy to follow , no nudity or sex scenes and great performances from all the actors. I laughed out loud and forgot all about that monster that ate New York ! I highly recommend 27 Dresses but view Cloverfield at your own risk .

No comments: