Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Another Day

Britney Spears highly anticipated appearance on the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother was last night. After all the hype and media coverage surrounding her appearance I was almost expecting her to be as funny and witty as the regular cast members.
She wasn't terrible but I wasn't wowed , I think she could have done better. With all the negative press that has been surrounding her it was nice to see her doing something positive and worthy of press. I am also relieved because the past few weeks my People and Us magazine's have not had Spears or her sons on the cover. Her appearance did net the show some of their highest ratings , a 4.5 in the 18-49 age group. I read a snippet of a headline today talking about Spears appearance and that is was more about damage control than anything and I have to agree . The person that wrangled this deal for her knew what they were doing especially from a PR standpoint.

No comments: