Monday, March 31, 2008

Horton

I watched Horton Hears A Who this past weekend and I have to say it was a hoot! It had a very positive message and it was a very fun movie. The characters were vibrant and lively and the actors who did the voice-overs were fantastic. I was very glad to see this Dr.Seuss remake stick to cartoon or in this case computer animation. I did not like the Hollywood live-action versions of How The Grinch Stole Christmas and The Cat In The Hat. I felt those were to adult with the innuendo and jokes and took away from the essence of Dr.Seuss. Hollywood got it right this time. The Horton movie site is very fun and offers games and you can even adopt a Who.

Jessica Simpson was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles with a minor kidney infection. She has been released and continues to work on her country album. The buzz around Nashville is that Simpson has purchased a mansion in the Forrest Hills area of town.

Peta has offered Britney Spears a job after her incredible acting stint on How I Met Your Mother . The job? receptionist and the salary would be $1000 to the charity of her choice.

Nick Lachey and pal Arizona Cardinals QB Matt Leinert were caught over the weekend partying with underage girls at Leinert's Arizona home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this movie also. Maybe not as much as you but then again I also like N'Sync so I might not know talent when I see it.

Madison Conger said...

I thought the movie was pretty good too (you're right; it's way better than the grinch), but what was up with that animated cartoon segment of the movie? That didn't belong at all. Otherwise it was a pretty clever.