Monday, March 3, 2008

Bond is Back

For all you James Bond fans sit tight , a new James Bond book will be released May 28. The new book title Devil May Care is in honor of late author Ian Fleming's 100th birthday this year. The book will pick up where the last published book Octopussy and The Living Daylights left off . Octopussy was published posthumously in 1966.

Guitarist Jeff Healy has passed away at the age of 41. Healy had retinal cancer that took his sight at age one . Healy is best known for his 1988 hit,Angel Eyes. One of my all-time favorite songs , his voice is so pure and full of emotion that everytime I hear the song I tear up a little.

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have released the names of their twins. Max and Emme were born February 22 in New York.

Colbie Caillat and Brett Dennen will open for John Mayer on his summer tour. A full list of dates will be announced soon.
I am crossing my fingers that Mayer will come back to Nashville this year , I seem to miss him each time he is in town.

Justin Timberlake will make a cameo in indie-rock duo Gnarls Barkley's new video Run. GB's new album,Odd Couple will be released April 8. GB had the monster single Crazy that was all over the radio last summer. I am a fan of their music , it is easy to listen to and very fun and will put you in a good mood. I am very excited about this new album the single Run is fantastic !

Billy Ray Cyrus and daughter Miley/Hannah Montana will host the 2008 CMT Music Awards at the Curb Event Center at Belmont University. The show will air April 14 and Billy Ray and Miley are set to perform together . The elder Cyrus has also been named the new host of Nashville Star , the Music City version of American Idol.
I will brag a little here, I play poker with last season's winner Chris Young and I have to say he is one to watch. His voice is classic country and very smooth. He reminds of Keith Whitley , he doesn't sound like everyone else.

No comments: