Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nashville News

Disney's Hannah Montana movie starts filming in and around Nashville next month. The film still needs extras so the casting call for Hannah Montana will be tomorrow April 6 at the Sommet Center from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. I am sad to say I will not be able to don my long blonde wig and sparkles to go stand in line for my chance to make Hollywood debut. If you go you will need to bring a pen for paperwork and a recent photo of yourself.

Country singer Josh Turner has been cast in the new Billy Graham movie that will be filming in Watertown,Tenn. Turner will also be contributing original music for the movie.

Country superstar Trace Adkins will be making his official acting debut in the indie movie Trailer Park of Terror. Adkins plays the devil in the movie that will debut at the Nashville Film Festival this month.

Good news for those that miss Dancin' in The District . A new downtown concerts series is being planned and Peter Frampton is scheduled to appear August 31 tentatively. The series will be around 5 to 6 shows and will be geared more to the adult crowd.

One movie I am excited to see is Iron Man. I don't read comic books so I don't know all the detailed history and mythology behind most of the comic book movies but I do know they are very fun to watch. I take that back , I know a lot about Superman , I am a huge Superman fan but aside from that my information is limited. From the information I have gathered about Tony Stark/Iron Man I think the casting director's were right on the money with casting Robert Downey,Jr. as billionaire Tony Stark. Downey embodies the arrogance and smugness of Stark so well and if the previews are any indication this movie is going to be awesome!

No comments: