Monday, February 25, 2008

And The Oscar Goes To....

I was a viewer of the 80th Annual Academy Awards last night. I have watched the Oscars every year for as long as I can remember and often dreamed of wearing an incredibly beautiful gown and proclaiming my gratitude to everyone I know . The closest I can come to that moment is in my leather recliner with remote in hand. The show was very long and I wasn't surprised by any of the winners. I got my Oscar ballot in last week's Entertainment Weekly and if I was a gambling woman let's just say I would be a rich gambling woman today.
I was hoping Johnny Depp would win for Sweeney Todd but I knew he didn't have a chance with Daniel Day-Lewis also nominated and his performance was one of the most talked about of the year. Lewis is highly selective of the movies he chooses to take part in so that also factored into my estimation. Depp is usually in one or two movies a year .
I also had a feeling the Coen brothers would sweep the categories they were nominated in because they too had one of the most critically acclaimed movies of the year. Enough of my rambling and on with some winners:

Best Picture: No Country For Old Men
Best Actor in a Lead Role: Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood
Best Actress in a Lead Role: Marion Cotillard in La vie en Rose
Best Directing: Joel and Ethan Coen for No Country For Old Men
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Tilda Swinton in Michael Clayton
Best Animated Feature: Ratatouille

For a complete list of winners and technical Oscar winners check out www.oscars.org
Also, you can view the history of the Oscars , pictures and information about their music education program. It is very cool and interactive site.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are expecting their second biological child and if you're keeping count also the fifth child. Pitt and Jolie have one biological daughter and three adopted children.
After much speculation and clever bump-hiding , Jolie revealed her growing belly at Saturday's Independent Spirit Awards.

Matt Damon announced today that he will film a fourth Bourne movie. The Bourne Ultimatum won three Academy Awards last night.

No comments: