Friday, February 8, 2008

New This Week

What happened this week:
The Spice Girls cancelled the last of their world tour citing personal obligations and family reasons. I think it was 5 diva egos trying to share a stage and spotlight. *sigh* Maybe one day my adolescent dreams of seeing the Spice Girls will come true but by that time wouldn't they be the Spice Grandma's? Just a thought .

Another group trying to bring back that loving feeling is The New Kids On The Block . I am not really that excited about NKOTB since their heyday was quite a few years ago. I believe they were at the peak of their success before I was even ten-years-old so it's not like N'SYNC or Backstreet Boys from just a few years ago. I did cheer Joey McIntyre on when he was on Dancing With The Stars. He was my first crush so I had to support him for old times sake.

Heath Ledger's official cause of death was an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. I still have to repeat to myself daily " Heath Ledger is dead." I seems so surreal and so very sad. It is tragic because it takes something like this to happen for us "normal " people to realize that celebrities are human too. They are portrayed as having perfect lives but the truth is we don't know what their lives are really like. We only get pictures and speculation as we should , they deserve to live a private life just like I do. Nobody knows who I am and I want to keep it that way.

Movies Opening Today :
Fool's Gold with Kate Hudson and Matthew Mccounaghey
Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show with Vince Vaughn and his comedian friends
The Spiderwick Chronicles with Freddie Highmore
Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins with Martin Lawrence and Michael Clarke Duncan

No comments: